Friday, June 27, 2014

Getting things done

Set myself a task list for today: Target, Home Depot, go across the river and pick up a bicycle, see a man about a horse, fill the propane tank. Did all that AND got an oil change AND had Indian buffet. And I saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp. And yes, that sentence is a gratuitous Ice Cube reference. And yes, that sentence is for the people who didn't realize it was a reference. This sentence, though -- this sentence is for you. I hope you like it.

My bicycle! The summer program I'm doing is in a spot where it makes most sense to bike. By T, 15-min walk, 5 min train, 10-min walk -- stupid. On foot, a 45-min walk -- possible, but too much. So I've committed to biking. I rode my new toy around the block and while I knew the basics of how to work the thing, I have a long way to go to be be a legitimate biker. Also, I fell off once. Which means it can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment