Friday, August 1, 2014

My benevolent dictatorship

I briefly toyed with pursuing an International Relations major in college, so that was kind of my crew. I now have friends at the FBI, SEC, and with the Foreign Service. Souvenirs were purchased for me during a two-year stay in Uzbekistan. One IR friend once postulated that the best system of government is a benevolent dictatorship. You're the dictator, with absolute power, but you legitimately love your people and only want what's best for them.  In that regard, teaching is a benevolent dictatorship. I try my hardest to help them to grow as readers, writers, and human beings, but when Mr. Tobin is talking, you are not. We don't get much in the teaching game, but we do get the opportunity to rule unequivocally for a couple hours a day. Also summers off.

No comments:

Post a Comment